Monday 25 July 2011

It's not goodbye, it's "see you later"...

See you later cottage on Duke St, friends and family and Guelph...

Day 1 of packing was interesting, challenging and somewhat bittersweet (to say the least!). Let's be honest... I walked around the house, head in hands, while my wonderful mother put things into motion. We got three rooms packed into boxes, and 5 trips to the Goodwill later, I feel plenty purged and on my way to organized chaos! However, that did not come without some sadness...

It's going to be hard to say goodbye to this wonderful little house. I've lived here for 2 years, and I am taking away so many good memories. This was the first place I ever lived in on my own, I painted it and put up every picture, curtain rod, towel hook and shelf (with some pointers of course ;)). This house has hosted many great nights to remember (because as we all know it's not far to downtown), and been a place where I felt safe, comfortable and at ease. It's not without some regret that I walk away from my little cottage on Duke, only to find out what “out of car and suitcase living” feels like and re-enter the world of shared housing.

Day 2 of packing was especially difficult, because this was the chosen day to tackle my closet. Shoes, jackets, dresses, winter and summer attire... You name it – it's in there (and the tags might still be on it!) I will admit, my clothes hoarding is a bit of a problem, and before today I would never have imagined that I would have to whittle my wardrobe to a suitcase and a bin (small bin – just saying)... However, when all was said and done, it's finished!

On Thursday, my mom and Craig spent the hottest day this summer helping me move my stuff to Burlington! I couldn't have done it without them and they deserve a huge thankyou :)

An additional thanks to all those that came out to wish me good luck and send me out in style on Saturday night! It means a lot and I am going to miss you all so much! I'm not going to say much more than that, because I hope I said it to each of you separately (and every time I try to say more I get emotional :P) You all know you are loved and will be missed very much. As Sara said to me yesterday, it's not goodbye – it's see you later!

1 comment:

  1. best of luck Amanda, I look forward to your posts/blog. Keep running :).

    ReplyDelete