Sunday 18 September 2011

Spruce Meadows - a childhood dream come true!

When I was a little girl I used to think that I would love to go to Spruce Meadows and be a groom for one of the big show jumping stars! Last weekend, I got to go to the Spruce Meadows Masters – one of the biggest show jumping events in the world! Just as a spectator, but it was a great experience nonetheless...



Cherie and I spent the day wandering around, looking at all the horses and shopping at some of the vendors. We found seats to sit down and watch the CN million dollar Classic – and watched as Canadian Eric Lamaze easily won the event! I even got to see my favourite rider Ian Miller up close! It is amazing to watch – horses scaling 6 foot and higher obstacles... I was in awe!


 

We also got to check out the dog show they run every year, and the RCMP musical ride, which was spectacular! Overall a great way to spend the day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment